I completely, totally, and 100% agree with you!! Laughter is sooo important, and it is something I do on a daily basis. I can personally relate to your example to your fight with your mom. I don't fight with my parents frequently, but when we do fight, it is usually over something petty. My family always finds humor in situations. This may be hard to believe, but I have a great sense of humor and I always know how to make my family laugh. I love to be in a good mood, so I laugh to relieve stress and to have a good time.
I believe that another universal sign is smiling. I feel like I always smile!!! I can inform someone that I am in a good mood by simply smiling at them. In addition, I love to see everyone smiling because that means that everyone is having fun. I believe that it is important to let others know how you feel, and there are many universal indicators that any human being can understand.
hi john,
In my blog, I had a link that talked about races and drugs. With this site, I learned that many African Americans are racially profiled by police. African Americans have a very high percentage of imprisonment for drugs even though there are not the highest percentage of people who buy, sell, and use drugs. In addition to this, more African American children have parents in prison than white children. Many people are racially profiled, but a certain race should not be looked down upon because of the criminal activities that certain individuals decided to take part in. Anyone can make the decision to be good or bad, and this is not determined by race.
hey caylin,
I think it is great how you had the courage to stand up at such a young age. I remember when kids tried to make clubs to exclude one person in elementary school. I would always be the one to tell someone when they were not being nice, and I never joined one of the "clubs" that would purposely exclude one person. However, I never had to stand up against racism.
It is amazing how parents affect young children's minds. There is no way for young kids to know what racism is because all kids want to play and have fun together. I think it is disgusting how that little girl's parents taught her to be racist. I applaud you for knowing right from wrong and for standing up against prejudice.
hi josh,
I think that Malcolm had a realistic insight to his future. He knew that he stood for controversial beliefs, but he was willing to defend his beliefs. He wanted the African American community to unify and work together to gain strength. Malcolm wanted the African American to have confidence in themselves. This goes along with the know phrase, "you must have confidence in yourself for others to have confidence in you." He believed that the African American had to believe in themselves before the whites would ever believe in them.
I also like your example with baseball. Everyone must face the fact that they will eventually lose or fail at something. I think that Malcolm proved that people must stand for what they believe in, and they must not be afraid to share their views with others because one person's view could change the whole world.

No comments:
Post a Comment